Against the backdrop of incursions by Chinese troops, India said on Wednesday that its armed forces were taking “more than adequate” action on such incidents and have not allowed China to encroach any part of its territory.
“There have been cases where their patrols have been getting into areas which are perceived by us as our territory. Therefore, our forces have been taking adequate action and so far, we have not allowed them to encroach any part of our territory” said Arun Jaitley.
He also said that there are meetings which are held and responses which our armed forces are taking are more than adequate to protect our territory.
He was talking to reporters on the sidelines of a function here to inaugurate Navy headquarters building.
Jaitley was asked about a recent incident where the Chinese troops had reportedly entered 25 to 30 km deep into Indian Territory in Burtse area in Ladakh.
On the particular incident, he said, “The Army Chief has already clarified that the incident which was being reported did not appear to be accurate.”
At the function, the Defence Minister said also said that the Navy will get a new building after it has moved its headquarters to Delhi from Mumbai several years ago.
He said the force was first sanctioned a plot of land near the South Block in 1994 and in a lighter vein said it seemed that it takes lesser time to build a nuclear submarine than to get a piece of land in the capital.
Jaitley said the Urban Development Ministry has also given consent to allocate a piece of land to the Army near the DRDO building where the force will expand its offices.
The new Navy headquarters building is planned to be constructed next to the DRDO building and will be constructed by the DRDO only.