Two days after finance minister Nirmala Sitharaman announced an insurance scheme for health workers fighting COVID-19 patients, the Ministry of Health and Family Welfare, on Saturday, approved the Pradhan Mantri Garib Kalyan package.
According to Pradhan Mantri Garib kalyan package, an insurance scheme for health workers fighting COVID-19 patients have been approved with the following conditions.
1. A comprehensive personal accident cover of Rs 50 lakhs for 90 days to a total of around 22.12 lakhs public health care provider, including community health workers who may be at the risk of being impacted by this. It will also include accidental loss of life on account of contracting COVID-19.
2. On account of unprecedented situation, all private and government hospitals of states, centre and UTs will be covered subject to numbers indicated by the Health Ministry.
3. The scheme will be funded through NDRF budget operated by health ministry for this purpose.
4. Actual payment by the insurance company to the beneficiary will be under certification of the authorised centre or state government officials
5. The insurance provided under this scheme would be over and above anu other insurance cover being availed by the beneficiary.