Trump administration in the US will come out with a new, modified version of the executive order on immigration next week. This was announced by US President Donald Trump in a news conference in Washington on Thursday evening.
“We’re issuing a new executive action next week that will comprehensively protect our country,” Trump said.
Soon after Trump’s announcement, the US Justice Department told a federal appeals court in San Francisco that there was no reason to reconsider a case on the previous executive order on immigration and refugees.
Trump’s previous order had banned Syrian refugees and immigrants from seven Muslim countries from entering the US for a period of 90 days.
After that a three judge bench last week had refused to remove the stay on the executive order by another federal court in Seattle.
“We’ll be going along the one path and hopefully winning that, at the same time we will be issuing a new and very comprehensive order to protect our people. That will be done sometime next week, toward the beginning or middle at the latest part,” Trump said.
Trump called the rollout of the executive order “perfect” and blamed the courts for a bad decision.
“We had a bad decision (by the court). We’re going to keep going with that decision. We’re going to put in a new executive order next week some time. But we had a bad decision,” he alleged.
Trump also said that he was going ahead with extreme vetting.
“Now in the meantime, we’re vetting very, very strongly. Very, very strongly. But we need help. And we need help by getting that executive order passed,” he said in response to a question at the press conference.
(With inputs from agencies)